Home of the Eagles!
In order to be considered:
• GPA 2.5 or above and plans to attend a college or technical school.
• Must be GK high school senior graduating in spring of current school year or currently enrolled in the Running Start Program.
• Applicants that have a family member who is in good standing with the GK Booster Club prior to December 15th of the student’s senior year will be preferred.
• Awarded one time only and is to be used during the school year (Fall, Winter or Spring terms) immediately following the student’s high school graduation. Money is to be used for tuition, books, room and board, or school supplies at an accredited institution or technical school and will be paid directly to the school upon receipt by The Greater Tacoma Community Foundation after verification of enrollment.
• A written thank you note to the GK Booster Club (include your school name/address and student ID) is required prior to the scholarship monies being sent to your school.
Application must be turned in and date stamped to Mrs. Woyak in the Career Center, (Room 299, upstairs next to the library) by Thursday April 20, 2023 at 2:30 PM
This application will be eligible for review when the following have been submitted:
o GKHS Booster profile completed and printed
o Two (2) letters of recommendation.
o Letters of Recommendation should include contact information, relationship to applicant, how long reference has known the student, and may not be a family member.
o An essay on a public service-related activity (volunteerism) that the individual has done during the last four years, or an explanation of your future career goals and what has influenced you in that direction. Minimum 250 words, maximum 1500 words.
This Scholarship is made possible through portions of membership dues and fundraising activities and by an extremely generous donation by private individuals during the 2013-2014 school year to allow the scholarship fund to become self-sustaining.